STAGE FRIGHT (2014)



STAGE FRIGHT  (2014)

Let me just start off by saying that this movie is not going to be for every horror fan. I do expect you will like it if you liked REPO THE GENETIC OPERA (all the production is nowhere near that level, because this movie is going for an 80’s campy feel and GENETIC OPERA was going for holy cow knock your socks off atmosphere) only way different or any other obscure well done musical horror flick. Meatloaf runs a really snobby music theater camp (and he looks like he may have been waiting to be in a movie like this since he was 4) and of course a killer who hates this particular musical and naturally needs to show up and start killing everyone.


Allie MacDonald (HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET, ALPHAS, LONGMIRE, LOST GIRL) is pretty freakin fantastic in this as the focal point of the film Camilla Swason. Minnie Driver also plays Kylie Swanson (Camilla’s mom) but I am kind of shocked she was even billed (if you watch this (and you should) then you will understand why I am saying that).  I should also note that there is not as much actual music in this movie as the first 30 minutes would have you believe but that doesn’t lesson how awesome it is. I also have to give a nod to Douglas Smith (TERMINATOR : GENISYS, PERCY JACKSON : SEA OF MONSTERS) who takes portions of this film to another level. I kind of wish the ending had been a little better, but even the credits in this thing are pretty great if you listen to the lyrics. I give this movie a 5 out of 7.




Comments