2 HEADED SHARK ATTACK (2012)


2 HEADED SHARK ATTACK (2012)

(Action, Adventure, Two Heads Are Better Than One) [R]

This movie originally got my attention on the show MONSTER MAN because the dude was putting together the 2 headed shark they were using in the movie (when they weren’t using crappy CGI). It wasn’t till later that I found out it was The Asylum making this one, but that wasn’t overly shocking given the title and that they put out like 700 crappy movies a year. I think you can guess the plot here but I will give you a few seconds.

Caught up, okay, so anyway Carmen Electra showed up and I honestly can’t remember if she was ever considered a huge star? The other recognizable name might be Brooke Hogan who is wrestler Hulk Hogans daughter. We also get a heavy dose of Charlie O'Connell and his acting at least in this is horrendous. 

Fans of these types of movies may get what they came for if they were looking for girls in bikinis, with almost no plot, and writing that is about as interesting as sitting in a library just listening to people discuss rocks for 2 hours.

What I can say that is good about this is that I have to hand it to the Asylum. In case I haven’t mentioned it in the past but The Asylum does know how to come up with interesting concepts when they are trying and they have a great graphic design department…like for DVD covers n stuff. The other thing I thought they did well here was getting the Monster Man to do the practical effects rig. The shark head closeups are pretty effective whenever CGI isn't being used. 

There isn’t really much left to say here other than this is probably the 20th worst shark movie I have ever seen and yes that includes JAWS THE REVENGE. Saying it's 20th worst isn't much of a compliment because there are probably a hundred or more shark movies out there. For eye-candy seekers, I can’t say this won’t be worth it for about 15 minutes but the rest of it will cause so much suffering it won’t be worth the ride. Trust me, I wanted to like this.

I give 2 HEADED SHARK ATTACK a 3 out of 7. It is plotless and dumb, but it's not likely shark movie fans that like the lower teir b-movie stuff are worried about that anyway. It's also nowhere near anything as bad as what Bret Kelly Entertainment is putting out.


   



Comments