IMMORTALS (2011)


IMMORTALS (2011)

If you liked 300 at all, you will probably love this movie. I am not going as far as to say it was as good, but there is a heck of a lot more blood. Henry Cavill is convincing enough for the lead role as Theseus and Mickey Rourke is nothing short of amazing as yet another lunatic King Hyperion. 

Director Tarsem Singh also went to some lengths to use weapons related to the time. I am also a big fan of stuff floating around and the occasional slow motion shot. For stylized fun, this is your movie. If you want depth, how about the opening few lines and just about anything John Hurt (Old Man) says in the flick. Geez... some people need to chill out a bit.

Fair warning... if violence when necessary isn't your ticket I hear Twilight is out this week as well. This was also one of those movies made better by the overall experience and people I was with, but there is no denying it's artistic value.

I give this one a solid 4 out of 7. REALLY GOOD – This movie was better than expected after critics killed it. It does have that “I think I may have seen this before feeling” but you haven’t, it’s all in your head. This movie was likely redeemed by some amazing actor or actress like Hugh Jackman or Kate Beckinsale. 

Comments